You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why are my kids' lower model iPhones not showing location?

My iPhone 15 won’t locate my kids anymore it’s only tracking my husband he has the 15 my kids have lower models and just says location not found and mine and there settings are correct

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Posted on Oct 9, 2023 8:30 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Oct 9, 2023 10:08 AM

It just shows locating and if you click on it it’s just a map of North America and then it says no location found I also have my dad on sharing his also can no longer see all I see is the person that also has the iPhone15 it’s not a part of sharing plan we just share our location with each other all other and yes has happened since we got our new phones they can see me I can’t see them

5 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Oct 9, 2023 10:08 AM in response to Mac Jim ID

It just shows locating and if you click on it it’s just a map of North America and then it says no location found I also have my dad on sharing his also can no longer see all I see is the person that also has the iPhone15 it’s not a part of sharing plan we just share our location with each other all other and yes has happened since we got our new phones they can see me I can’t see them

Oct 9, 2023 12:57 PM in response to triciarodriguez78

I would suggest having one of the other phones next to you to troubleshoot. While it may seem that the error is on your side, in most cases the Location Not Found message is due to something on the other phone. It may be as simple as restarting the device or toggling the Share My Location off/on using the other device. Verify that iOS is up to date on the other devices. The other device will need to have internet connectivity, so if there is no cell connection, then they would need to be connected to WiFi.

For most users on this forum, toggling the Share My Location and Location Services switch on the other device followed by a restart solved the problem.

Oct 9, 2023 8:39 AM in response to triciarodriguez78

Some more info may be needed:

• Which settings have you checked?
  • Does it happen all the time?
  • Is this with Find My or another app?
  • Is this part of a Family Sharing plan?
  • Is Airplane Mode turned on?
  • Is Location Services on?
  • Does restarting devices make a difference?
  • On your kids phones, does Maps show their current location?
  • Have you tried toggling off/on sharing on your kids phones?

Why are my kids' lower model iPhones not showing location?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.