You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how to make the login icon bigger mac sonoma

I recently upgrade to Mac Sonoma . The login icons are very small. How can you increase the size of the user icons ?

Mac mini, macOS 14.0

Posted on Oct 9, 2023 8:48 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Feb 6, 2024 8:07 PM

I upgraded Sonoma this morning and upset that I did because of the tiny login icon issue. I work with persons with disabilities and the elderly. This does not work for any of those communities. It doesn't work for me and I have good eyesight. Apple are you listening? Please fix this!

[Edited by Moderator]

11 replies

May 19, 2024 10:02 AM in response to Gordo69

I’m also upset about the small login user icons! I work from home and always enjoy being greeted by the tiger memoji who watches as I type in my password then gives me a big, adorable smile when I hit enter. Now the icon is soooooo tiny I can’t see his reactions. What’s the point of having animated Memoji if you can’t even see them? Apple, please make the user login icons bigger or a size option setting!

Jan 21, 2024 6:07 AM in response to Gordo69

I just recently upgraded to Sonoma and as a vision impaired person am finding

the login icon very difficult. It is small and at the bottom of the page. I don't care

where it is on my wallpaper at sign in. This needs to be fixed. Did anyone think before they did this?

The least Apple could do is make it resizable and able to be moved where a person could

easily use it to sign in. Vision impaired people need to have options. Fix this Apple don't loose

site of how many different people use and love your product.

Oct 14, 2023 3:18 AM in response to Gordo69

The icons are incredibly small and extremely difficult for people with visual impairments (like my elderly father) to use. If there's really no way to increase the size without messing everything else up, then it's very poorly thought out Apple and you're excluding people from using their own devices, shame on you this is not an upgrade.

Jun 25, 2024 1:13 AM in response to jessa213

jessa213 wrote:

I am upset about this as well, it's atrocious. I can see just fine and I still hate it. Have there been any updates to fix or change this?

No.

Doubtful there will be any fix or update required for what Apple Purposefully Designed the Login Screen to be

One can always use the Feedback to Apple and may one's displeasure known

Added, this late in the development of macOS 14 Sonoma released Sept 26, 2023.

With the pending release of the successor some time this Fall >> macOS Sequoia Preview - Apple

Once a New Version of macOS is in the works, New Features or a Redesign of an existing version of macOS, basically ceases

Feb 6, 2024 2:15 PM in response to BrilliantCrow

There has got to be a solution to this issue. On my old, now out of date iMac, you could actually see that icon. Does anyone know if Apple is working on fixing this. Although not a major issue, for us who now have to use a standalone monitor you better have good eyesite? Rescaling the screen solves the issue but conflicts with the reason I bought a Mini Mac as. I wanted the larger screen size to use show complete image or use multiply open screens.

how to make the login icon bigger mac sonoma

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.