You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

i have my notes in icloud but they have not downloaded onto my phone even though apple ID IS SAME

I purchased new iphone 15 pro max and transferred iphone 14 pro max data onto the new one.

Some of the information from Notes app have not been transferred. i checked in my icloud and the data is there.

How do i bring the information from iCloud Notes to my phone

iPhone 15 Pro Max, iOS 17

Posted on Oct 9, 2023 11:43 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Oct 9, 2023 11:52 PM

You checked on iCloud.com and you saw that you have extra notes that have not been transferred yet?

If this is the case, I would try to leave the Notes app open, maybe write something in a note just to stimulate a sync dialogue between the two. I would leave it open for a bit in order to see if it will resume the download.

If your iPhone is still downloading data from your backup, it might take a while depending on how much content you need to download and the speed of your internet connection.

For some reason, even if I have the background refresh activated, Notes don't always update if I don't leave it open, especially if there is a lot of content to update.

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Oct 9, 2023 11:52 PM in response to edvino49

You checked on iCloud.com and you saw that you have extra notes that have not been transferred yet?

If this is the case, I would try to leave the Notes app open, maybe write something in a note just to stimulate a sync dialogue between the two. I would leave it open for a bit in order to see if it will resume the download.

If your iPhone is still downloading data from your backup, it might take a while depending on how much content you need to download and the speed of your internet connection.

For some reason, even if I have the background refresh activated, Notes don't always update if I don't leave it open, especially if there is a lot of content to update.

i have my notes in icloud but they have not downloaded onto my phone even though apple ID IS SAME

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.