You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

KEYNOTE and PlayBack Controls

I am creating a presentation that uses video clips. I want to be able to see timecode on each clip so I can scrub through and find my start and end points but there is no Playback Controls on my clip. How do I add playback controls? When I view my clip outside of Keynote in Quicktime, I see the playback controls on my clip.

My video is an MP4. I am using Keynote version 10.1

iMac 27″, macOS 12.2

Posted on Oct 10, 2023 1:56 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Oct 11, 2023 2:03 AM

You appear to want to do this in edit mode:

• Click the clip on the slide to select it
  • Go to the Inspector / Format / Movie and use the transport controls
  • The numbers you see are not Time Code but are start, endpoint and durations calculated by Keynote.
  • Clips always display 00:00:00:000 as the start point when the movie is first added to a slide

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Oct 11, 2023 2:03 AM in response to Rachael Levine

You appear to want to do this in edit mode:

• Click the clip on the slide to select it
  • Go to the Inspector / Format / Movie and use the transport controls
  • The numbers you see are not Time Code but are start, endpoint and durations calculated by Keynote.
  • Clips always display 00:00:00:000 as the start point when the movie is first added to a slide

KEYNOTE and PlayBack Controls

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.