You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Restrictions Won’t Turn Off

I am now 18 but when i wasn’t my parents put restrictions on my phone when it came to downloading apps. Now all of those restrictions have been turned off on both mine and my parents devices but it still prompts me to ask and won’t let me download alone. This is really frustrating and we’ve done seemingly everything to try and fix it, but nothing works. I have the Iphone 12

iPhone 6s

Posted on Oct 10, 2023 7:09 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Oct 10, 2023 7:30 PM

confused_simmer4 Said:

"Apple Restrictions Won’t Turn Off: I am now 18 but when i wasn’t my parents put restrictions on my phone when it came to downloading apps. Now all of those restrictions have been turned off on both mine and my parents devices but it still prompts me to ask and won’t let me download alone. This is really frustrating and we’ve done seemingly everything to try and fix it, but nothing works. I have the Iphone 12"

-------

Set this Up as your OWN iPhone:

You need to have your parents remove your iPhone from their Apple Account. Then, you need to create your own Apple ID. From there, sign in to this with your own Apple ID. Note that Apple IDs should never be shared.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Oct 10, 2023 7:30 PM in response to confused_simmer4

confused_simmer4 Said:

"Apple Restrictions Won’t Turn Off: I am now 18 but when i wasn’t my parents put restrictions on my phone when it came to downloading apps. Now all of those restrictions have been turned off on both mine and my parents devices but it still prompts me to ask and won’t let me download alone. This is really frustrating and we’ve done seemingly everything to try and fix it, but nothing works. I have the Iphone 12"

-------

Set this Up as your OWN iPhone:

You need to have your parents remove your iPhone from their Apple Account. Then, you need to create your own Apple ID. From there, sign in to this with your own Apple ID. Note that Apple IDs should never be shared.

Apple Restrictions Won’t Turn Off

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.