You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Recent emails not showing when searching in mail

When searching an email address or search word in apple mail it does not bring up any emails from the past week, only older emails. It's super annoying as I know the emails are there as I have previously seen them and if I manually search my inbox I can see them but I cannot search for them??

I'm using a MacBook Pro macOS Monterey version 12.6.3. Thank you.

MacBook Pro (M2, 2022)

Posted on Oct 10, 2023 9:54 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jan 29, 2024 12:17 PM

I found that holding down the shift key while opening Apple Mail fixed this issue. No idea why but all is well now.

6 replies

Oct 11, 2023 1:47 PM in response to TheLittles

Thank you for your reply although I am not using a google account or email address. I am using my business email which is my name @ my company name.com.au

My emails are all viewable on my desktop Mac but when using my MacBook Pro any search does not show emails within the last week or so. If I scroll through my inbox I can see them but they do not show up in a search.

Oct 10, 2023 10:22 PM in response to Ylirrik

Ylirrik Said:

"Recent emails not showing when searching in mail: When searching an email address or search word in apple mail it does not bring up any emails from the past week, only older emails. It's super annoying as I know the emails are there as I have previously seen them and if I manually search my inbox I can see them but I cannot search for them?? I'm using a MacBook Pro macOS Monterey version 12.6.3. Thank you."

-------

Troubleshooting Mac Mail App:

A. Use a New App-Password --It is intended for third-party apps. So, create an app password using the following link, and then use that for the password on your Mail app. Sometimes, major changes(i.e. updates) are made to the device, and, as a result, the mail server syncing becomes an issue, witch is what an App Password is intended to fix.  Report back if it works: Sign in with App Passwords - Google Account Help - Google

B. Use eMail Provider's App:

If you are using an eMail address, then I recommend you go for a mail application that is made for that eMail provider. For example, if you have a Gmail account, then use the Gmail App, as it would make it more user-friendly, by intent.

Recent emails not showing when searching in mail

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.