You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Keynote Export Slide as Movie

Hi guys,

I have a new provocation regarding the export of my keynote 13.2 slides as a movie... I insert some H264 .mp4 movies inside a slide, and when I export the result, the first frame repeats as a gif. The sound is Ok, but the video is not.

I work in Sonoma but the problem was before the upgrade.

I removed the Keynote and reinstalled it, but no effect.

Any advice, please?

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Oct 10, 2023 11:20 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Oct 12, 2023 8:15 AM

Use one of these methods that is appropriate for your situation:

Go to your backup and copy over Keynote 13.1

Go to any Mac that has Mac OS Ventura or Montery installed, then download Keynote 13.1 from the App Store

Similar questions

6 replies

Dec 8, 2023 2:31 AM in response to doctorlupu74

1 - Make a duplicate of your original Keynote

2 - Right Click on the Duplicate of your Keynote and view the package contents.

3- Open the folder called “Data” and remove your embedded videos contained within it by moving them to another location or folder like your desktop.

4 - Re-encode your videos using “Handbreak.app” with similar format settings but outputting them with “Fast 1080p30” with video encoder set to “MPEG-4”

5 - Open the duplicate keynote file in keynote app. It should say the movies embedded are corrupt.

6 - Replace the media now in the document with your new re-encoded videos.

7 - Now export from keynote again and your new movie will look a lot better.

Keynote Export Slide as Movie

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.