You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

i purchased icloud to avoid my storage being full but it didnt help, can i buy more storages

how can i but more iphone storage

iPhone 12, iOS 16

Posted on Oct 11, 2023 6:21 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Oct 11, 2023 6:23 PM

It is not possible to buy more storage for an iPhone; it will never have more than it did when you bought it. What you bought is iCloud+ storage that is used for backing up and also for syncing to other devices. Here is an explanation→What's the difference between device storage and iCloud storage? - Apple Support

iCloud+ has 2 independent functions. iCloud backups, and iCloud sync. It’s confusing because they both have the same name prefix. But they have no connection with each other. Go to Settings/[your name]/iCloud. You will see a bunch of switches (with iOS 16 also tap Show All). When you turn on a switch that data type will sync to iCloud. If you do this on multiple devices that share an Apple ID the selected data will sync to all of those devices. 

You can also turn on iCloud Backups. This will back up your phone every night if the phone is plugged in, connected to Wi-Fi and locked.

But note that anything that you sync by the first method will be excluded from the iCloud backups.

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Oct 11, 2023 6:23 PM in response to 3lizab3th27

It is not possible to buy more storage for an iPhone; it will never have more than it did when you bought it. What you bought is iCloud+ storage that is used for backing up and also for syncing to other devices. Here is an explanation→What's the difference between device storage and iCloud storage? - Apple Support

iCloud+ has 2 independent functions. iCloud backups, and iCloud sync. It’s confusing because they both have the same name prefix. But they have no connection with each other. Go to Settings/[your name]/iCloud. You will see a bunch of switches (with iOS 16 also tap Show All). When you turn on a switch that data type will sync to iCloud. If you do this on multiple devices that share an Apple ID the selected data will sync to all of those devices. 

You can also turn on iCloud Backups. This will back up your phone every night if the phone is plugged in, connected to Wi-Fi and locked.

But note that anything that you sync by the first method will be excluded from the iCloud backups.

Oct 11, 2023 6:29 PM in response to 3lizab3th27

3lizab3th27 Said:

"i purchased icloud to avoid my storage being full but it didnt help, can i buy more storages: how can i but more iphone storage"

-------

Clear Space Using my User Tips:

Internal storage cannot be upgraded. It is what it is. So, the maximum internal storage capacity never increases, even if you upgraded your iCloud plan.

So, what to do...

Clear Space, Using my User Tips:

i purchased icloud to avoid my storage being full but it didnt help, can i buy more storages

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.