You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 15 pro max after updating IOS 17.03 still overheating

Dear friends,

I acquired my iPhone 15 Pro Max just six days ago and immediately updated it to iOS 17.03. However, I've encountered a troubling issue. Whenever I'm on a call, be it through Google Meet, Microsoft Teams, or any video call, my iPhone overheats ,to an extent where I can hardly hold it. I'm seeking your advice on this matter, as this is my first iPhone, and I'm disappointed to face such a problem. Can you provide any insights on how to resolve this or potentially return it?

iPhone 15 Pro Max, iOS 17

Posted on Oct 12, 2023 11:11 AM

3 replies

Oct 13, 2023 12:07 PM in response to veerakumar

Hey there veerakumar,

It's expected for an iPhone to warm up while being used, especially in the case of more resource-dependent apps(such as video communication apps that you mentioned). We'd like to help by ruling out some basics, along with learning more about what's happening:

1. Are you seeing any temperature alerts on your iPhone screen?
  2. Is it being used within its temperature range? Check for the range near the top here: If your iPhone or iPad gets too hot or too cold
  3. You mentioned that you updated to iOS 17.0.3 several days ago when you first got your new iPhone, but we any app updates available? Here are the steps to check: How to manually update apps on your Apple device

Cheers!

iPhone 15 pro max after updating IOS 17.03 still overheating

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.