You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Passcode required after iPhone X erased???

Got a new phone. Transferred data and wiped out previous iPhone 10 (X). I want to sell it. But it is asking for my passcode - which no longer works! Can I reset the phone, or is it toast? Thanks.

iPhone 6s, iOS 10

Posted on Oct 13, 2023 4:40 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Oct 13, 2023 4:53 PM

Craig00 Said:

"Passcode required after iPhone X erased??? : Got a new phone. Transferred data and wiped out previous iPhone 10 (X). I want to sell it. But it is asking for my passcode - which no longer works! Can I reset the phone, or is it toast? Thanks."

-------

Try Resetting the Passcode: If you forgot your iPhone Passcode - Apple Support

Also, See here: If you See an iPhone or iPad Unavailable Message or Security Lockout Screen - Apple Support

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Oct 13, 2023 4:53 PM in response to Craig00

Craig00 Said:

"Passcode required after iPhone X erased??? : Got a new phone. Transferred data and wiped out previous iPhone 10 (X). I want to sell it. But it is asking for my passcode - which no longer works! Can I reset the phone, or is it toast? Thanks."

-------

Try Resetting the Passcode: If you forgot your iPhone Passcode - Apple Support

Also, See here: If you See an iPhone or iPad Unavailable Message or Security Lockout Screen - Apple Support

Passcode required after iPhone X erased???

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.