You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Search for apps using swipe down from middle of screen.

When swiping down from middle of iPhone screen to locate an app I no longer get a Top Hits list. The screen is blank above there Search box. This started when I updated to 17.0.3. Any ideas on how to fix this?

iPhone 14 Pro Max

Posted on Oct 15, 2023 12:26 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Oct 15, 2023 12:43 PM

In settings>siri and search, go to chapter ‘before searching’ and enable show suggestions and show recents

5 replies

Oct 15, 2023 12:44 PM in response to sberman

Thanks for the reply sberman, but if memory serves, immediately after the down swipe, before I entered anything, I would be presented with a Top Hits list at the top of the screen, then some blank area, and then an empty Search box. Now I just get a blank screen at the top and then an empty search box.

The Top Hits seemed to be aware of my habits. For example, first thing in the morning I would swipe down and the first item in the Top Hits list was my health provider's app into which I logged my blood sugar reading.

Search for apps using swipe down from middle of screen.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.