You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Carplay SharePlay not working

So I was trying to connect to SharePlay in my dad's car the other day. I get a notification to connect, but when I head into Apple Music, the 'Connect' button from the sharePlay popup is inoperable and hence, I'm not able to connect to SharePlay. A fix or a solution to this would be great. I'm on iPhone 13, if that's required.

Posted on Oct 15, 2023 5:14 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Dec 2, 2023 6:55 PM

I have the same problem and I also have the iPhone 13, I have tried everything to restarting and meeting all the requirements but it still won’t work. I connected it the first time and it never worked again, I can pull up the button but the button won’t work. Please help

2 replies

Oct 16, 2023 2:10 PM in response to chaitanya006

Hi chaitanya006,

Please check out this link, and ensure the requirements to use SharePlay in a car are met, so we can make sure there aren't any issues there that may be causing that behavior: Play music together in a car with SharePlay and Apple Music

Here's what you need

To host a SharePlay session in the car, you need:

* A subscription to Apple Music
* An iPhone updated to the latest version of iOS
To join a SharePlay session in the car, you need:
* A passenger with an Apple Music subscription hosting a SharePlay session in the car
* An iPhone updated to the latest version of iOS
* Bluetooth turned on for your iPhone

You don't need an Apple Music subscription to join a SharePlay session in the car. As long as someone with an Apple Music subscription is hosting a SharePlay session in the car, you can join the SharePlay session from your iPhone.

If you continue to experience an issue, please contact Apple Support, as they'll be best able to assist you. You might be able to reach them here: Get Support

Thanks!

Carplay SharePlay not working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.