You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can’t enable iCloud Drive on my iPad pro, toggle switch reverts to off when I try to “sync this iPad”

If I go to the “iCloud drive” and try to turn on add “sync this iPad” , but the toggle switch turns off after I click the “upgrade” button.

I initially set up my iPad with a different Apple ID accidentally. (I had an old xxx@gmail.com account on the iphone I used to start the setup, changed it to xxx@gmail.com when I realized my mistake). I do not use the xxx@me.com anymore.

When I go to the icloud.com website, I get a blank screen when I log in and try to upload to iCloud Drive, I get a blank screen.

The iPad is set up to back up to iCloud, and seems to be backing up ok, but I can’t turn on the iDrive sync to iCloud.

I’m on IOS 16.6.1, 512GB, with 422GB free.

iPad Pro, iPadOS 16

Posted on Oct 16, 2023 7:30 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Oct 17, 2023 12:55 PM

Hey civilpooch,

Earlier you mention having iPadOS 16.6.1 installed. The current version is iPadOS 16.7.1, so take a moment to back up your iPad and update. This guide can help with both steps: Update your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

After updating, see if you're then able to turn on iCloud Drive: Set up iCloud Drive - Apple Support

If that doesn't help, we recommend reaching out to Apple Support to look into this with you more: Get Support

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities.

Take care!

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Oct 17, 2023 12:55 PM in response to civilpooch

Hey civilpooch,

Earlier you mention having iPadOS 16.6.1 installed. The current version is iPadOS 16.7.1, so take a moment to back up your iPad and update. This guide can help with both steps: Update your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

After updating, see if you're then able to turn on iCloud Drive: Set up iCloud Drive - Apple Support

If that doesn't help, we recommend reaching out to Apple Support to look into this with you more: Get Support

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities.

Take care!

Oct 17, 2023 8:14 AM in response to civilpooch

Hello civilpooch,  

Welcome to the Apple Support Communities.  

Start here if you cannot connect all features of your iCloud account with your iPad: If you can't connect or sign in to iCloud - Apple Support

It can also help to restart and update your device: 

Restart your iPad - Apple Support

Update your iPhone or iPad.

Please contact Apple Support directly if you continue to notice any unexpected behavior: Apple Support

All the best! 

Oct 17, 2023 12:05 PM in response to JJRASC

I have no problem signing in to iCloud. I have restarted my iPad. My iPad is running latest browser.

As I said, when I try to turn on the icons drive, the toggle switch reverts to off right away.

When I try to open the drive on the web page from my Apple desktop, the page it opens is completely blank.

My iPad says it's backing up to the iCloud, but I can't enable iCloud drive on my iPad.

Is this maybe related to me accidentally setting up my iPad on xxx@me.com and then, later, changing my iPad to xxx@gmail.com, my preferred apple id in use on my other apple products.

(xxx@gmail.com) is obviously not my email)

I don't know what to do.

Can’t enable iCloud Drive on my iPad pro, toggle switch reverts to off when I try to “sync this iPad”

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.