You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Does macOS Sonoma delete information/data/apps

hello! so basically I've been thinking of getting macOS Sonoma but I'm not Sure if that will delete my data and important apps since I do video editing. I'm on a MacBook Air 2020 intel core i3, I'm worried about losing my data and at the moment cannot use any sort of backup like Time Machine and Icloud backup etc.

iPhone XS, iOS 16

Posted on Oct 17, 2023 8:16 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Oct 17, 2023 8:17 AM

If you're really concerned about losing data, a backup should be the first order of business. Upgrading will not delete data but it's possible that some of your apps will no longer be supported; that's a question for the app developer.

7 replies

Oct 17, 2023 8:27 AM in response to whothatmishawhat

whothatmishawhat wrote:

so it won't delete any of my apps or stuff? I know that the supporting situation is for the app developers but is there an example of when they could be all supported for example maybe next year?

Updating will not delete your apps. Apps that are not compatible will not work. It is up to the individual app developers to update their products for compatibility.

Does macOS Sonoma delete information/data/apps

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.