You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Unable to click certain areas of screen

I have my MacBook Air(OS : 14.0 (23A344)) since July and have just started having this issue. I cannot click (left or right mouse button) on one specific portion of the screen.The mouse pointer works fine on that portion of screen but just doesn't click anything. In the remaining part however, everything works perfectly. This problem only occurs in this approximately half inch high area just above the middle of the screen, there is no response from computer when clicking with the mouse. It's not even tied to one application, the same thing happens on my browser, notes, everywhere, even on home screen. It's not all the time and works fine after restart.

Please help me with the issue.

MacBook Air

Posted on Oct 17, 2023 2:32 PM

1 reply

Oct 18, 2023 11:11 AM in response to sayali28

Hello sayali28,

Thanks for connecting with Apple Support Communities. We'd like to provide you with a troubleshooting steps that may help to resolve this issue that you're having while clicking your mouse, on a certain part of the screen.

Do you have the same issue when using the trackpad on your MacBook Air?

• If not, then the issue is with the mouse. Check with the manufacturer for help: Contact a third-party vendor - Apple Support
  • If the issue issue happens with the trackpad, then let's start up your Mac in safe mode. Completing this step can help you identify whether issues you’re experiencing are caused by software that loads as your Mac starts up. Your screen may flash and load slower. This is all expected behavior: Use safe mode on your Mac

Keep in mind, safe mode may not work with a USB connected device.

"Some features might not work in safe mode, affecting video capture, graphics performance, file sharing, Wi-Fi, accessibility, audio devices, and devices connected via USB, Thunderbolt, or FireWire."

Let us know if this helps.

Take care.

Unable to click certain areas of screen

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.