You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to change default text font in Keynote

Every time I open a text box in a Keynote slide, I get Helvetica Neue, bold, size 24. Any way to change that to Calibri or another? I see no option on Settings.

Of course, I can change it each time, and I do, but that is not the best.

Am I missing something?

iMac 21.5″, macOS 13.5

Posted on Oct 18, 2023 2:00 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Oct 18, 2023 1:49 PM

Create a new theme with the font and size you require then save it to an appropriate location.

This Apple webpage describes creating a theme: Create and manage Keynote themes on Mac – Apple Support (UK)

Select this new theme as the startup theme in Keynote:

In Keynote go to Keynote menu > Preferences > General > New Presentations > click on Change theme and select the use theme you have just saved

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Oct 18, 2023 1:49 PM in response to Nicfarrow

Create a new theme with the font and size you require then save it to an appropriate location.

This Apple webpage describes creating a theme: Create and manage Keynote themes on Mac – Apple Support (UK)

Select this new theme as the startup theme in Keynote:

In Keynote go to Keynote menu > Preferences > General > New Presentations > click on Change theme and select the use theme you have just saved

Oct 22, 2023 8:54 PM in response to Gary Scotland

Thanks, Gary.

I have made a couple of new themes in the past. They automatically (I think) appear in the startup theme-chooser window as "My Themes." I tried this again, but, even though I can set headings etc., when I hit the "TEXT" button in the toolbar, I get my 24 Helvetica every time, and I need new text often in my work. I can copy and keep a favorite style and I can copy and past styles any time, but I see no way to maintain a default text in the font/size I want.

Nic F

How to change default text font in Keynote

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.