You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Internet or Lan disconnection

Hello guys,

I recently got a new Mac Studio. 

All run smoothly with Sonoma OS but I noticed a strange behavior. 

The Mac Studio is LAN connected only and I can reproduce a strange disconnection from internet. If I surfing quickly the web on some site where are many thumbnails and I continue to scroll, a internet disconnection occurs for tree seconds. I can see google drive and creative cloud icons become grey. 

After three seconds the connection is restored.

As I said I can reproduce it every time I try to quickly browsing a page with many items. 

Anyone experience this issue?

Thanks

Alex

Mac Studio (2023)

Posted on Oct 18, 2023 10:13 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Oct 19, 2023 7:29 AM

Remember the Mac studio does NOT support 10 M bits/sec or 100 M bits/sec Ethernet, only 1,000 M bit/sec ( = 1 G bit/sec) and faster:

Mac Studio specs:

Ethernet

• 10Gb Ethernet (Nbase-T Ethernet with support for 1Gb, 2.5Gb, 5Gb, and 10Gb Ethernet using RJ-45 connector)

Similar questions

8 replies

Oct 18, 2023 10:33 AM in response to masterzone

10Gb Ethernet:

"energy efficient" drops power to the 10Gb Ethernet chip to save energy. It is NOT compatible with Top Speed. In the hardware pane, under Duplex, set: “Full-Duplex, Flow Control” NOT “Full-Duplex, Flow Control, power efficient” to disable power saving and boost top speed.

The Mac Studio has a 10Gb Ethernet port. This 10G Ethernet port is NOT compatible with speeds slower than ONE-Gigabit Ethernet. It is also NOT compatible with cables that have fewer than all four pairs available for data.

The setting [√] ABV/AEV mode selected on the hardware pane of advanced Wi-Fi Ethernet OR in your Router may constrain the connection in unexpected ways that could limit overall performance. Re-transmit after error may be suppressed, because it is not appropriate for Video-only. The feature is used ONLY for prioritizing video streams.

Oct 19, 2023 7:17 AM in response to Grant Bennet-Alder

Thanks Grant, thanks so much. Today I just made some test by bypassing the switch and became more stable with a Cat-6 cable. Right now I'm connected to the switch again (10Base-T) with a Cat-5 cable and I edited the Ethernet settings as you said, Speed 1000T, Full duplex , Flow Control and I leave MTU as default of 1500...toggled off the AVB/EAV as well.

Now all is fine...thanks for now...

Internet or Lan disconnection

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.