You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Not able to boot from any device on Mac Mini 2011

Hello,

I have an issue with my Mac Mini 2011 where after failing to update it to Big Sur using OCLP, it now does not allowing me to boot from any device.

I made a bootable installer for Mac OS High Sierra with another Mac, but when I turn on the computer and press the option key to bring up the boot options, the icons for the drive appears. But nothing happens when I try to click the drive to reinstall the OS. It shows the click animation and I can select a WiFi network, so I know that it is not frozen, it just refuses to boot from any medium.

I also erased the internal drive completely for a fresh install from the OSX Recovery Disk Utility, so I cannot try to boot into the internal drive either.

Anyone has other ideas I can try?

Earlier Mac models

Posted on Oct 20, 2023 2:46 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Oct 21, 2023 4:00 AM

OLCP is not supported by apple.

You can try to reset the NVRAM and SMC to see if the issues persist

Reset the SMC of your Mac - Apple Support

Reset NVRAM on your Mac - Apple Support

Similar questions

2 replies

Not able to boot from any device on Mac Mini 2011

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.