You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

cant locate screenshots in Ventura

I have opened the screenshot app and the default is set to desktop, however, when I do a screenshot I dont see the image in the right lower corner nor is there anything in desktop - I can hear it make the capture sound - but even a search for screenshot shows nothing.

?

Dave

Posted on Oct 24, 2023 6:05 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Oct 24, 2023 5:55 PM

You are right - there are 2 - on another MAC they both created a screen shot file - SHIFT CMD 3 (here creates a screen shot file and puts it to the desired folder like DESKTOP) and SHIFT CMD 4 puts it to the clipboard directly and so here is my problem - I couldnt see any files. On my other Mac this was an OK command to create a screen shot file - here - I guess in VENTURA it was changed.

10 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Oct 24, 2023 5:55 PM in response to Barney-15E

You are right - there are 2 - on another MAC they both created a screen shot file - SHIFT CMD 3 (here creates a screen shot file and puts it to the desired folder like DESKTOP) and SHIFT CMD 4 puts it to the clipboard directly and so here is my problem - I couldnt see any files. On my other Mac this was an OK command to create a screen shot file - here - I guess in VENTURA it was changed.

Oct 24, 2023 8:38 AM in response to innersurf17

In addition to what dialabrain said:

• there are different locations you can choose for screenshots and for screen recordings. Maybe you set it to Desktop for one but not the other?
  • try selecting a different location for your screenshots and see if that makes a difference. (FWIW, the Desktop is a poor place, as it gets easily cluttered with all sorts of files; if I may suggest, create a new folde on the Desktop, name it something like "Screenshots" or whatever, and use it)

Oct 25, 2023 12:17 AM in response to innersurf17

As Barney said, Command-Shift-4 should not put the screenshot in the clipboard, unless you either:

selected Clipboard as the destination using Command-Shift-5, Options, Save To: Clipboard (*);

or

you changed the assignment of the shortcuts in System Settings->Keyboard, Keyboard Shortcuts, Screen Shots.

(*) this would affect Command-Shift-3 as well, so if that is not going to the clipboard, this is not what happened

cant locate screenshots in Ventura

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.