You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Microphone on I Phone 12 Pro not working / mutes me!

Microphone cuts out and I am suddenly muted (caller cannot hear my voice at all, but I can hear theirs). I have to hang up and make the call again. Happens every day and has been ongoing for about 8 weeks. Restarting does not work.

iPhone 12 Pro

Posted on Oct 26, 2023 12:45 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Oct 26, 2023 1:28 PM

Hello,

Have you tried all of the steps in this link:

Get help with the microphones on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch

Note: you can use the Voice Memos for testing.

If no help, have it checked:

Find Locations

Good luck.

2 replies

Jun 9, 2024 4:07 AM in response to michellene145

It happen with all Apple ios. It looks like the hardware decide by himswlf to mute /un mute mic while it have the audio in the speaker of who is doing video call with you. It happen with whatsapp video call, in zoom and in other app to do video call, and it happen only when you have speaker phone turned on. Every time you use speaker phone it have tis problem, if you use earphones it have not . Its a terrible bug of all Apple devices. From years..

Microphone on I Phone 12 Pro not working / mutes me!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.