You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Support and AnyDesk

Hi I was looking to call Apple customer support to ask a question on how to look up past purchases on my iCloud account from past years. I looked up a number not for Apple Tech Support but for Apple Customer Care and found a website that looked like a legitimate Apple website and even had the Apple logo and all the rest of the Apple style on their website. They even had a number you could call. When I called the number I got someone that said " Thank You for calling Tech support" and it sounded like someone from another country. I asked them about if it was posable to look up purchases on my iCloud account from previous years. The person on the line said " Yes I can help you with that". "I need you to go to the app store and download an app called AnyDesk" I asked " Apple uses AnyDesk for support"? "The person on the other end of the line said yes they do" Being someone that watches the scammer catching videos on YouTube like that of Trilogy Media and Scammer Payback I felt that this was a scammer trying to get me to download AnyDesk so he could get access to my iPhone to steal my personal Data. So I just hung up on him. Now my question is. Does Apple use AnyDesk and could this have actually been legitimate actually Apple Customer Care person? I felt it was right to hang up on them so I did. I did not download AnyDesk or allow them any remote access.

[Edited by Moderator]

Posted on Oct 30, 2023 11:34 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jan 8, 2024 11:54 AM

I just had the same thing happen to me. I googled Apple Watch support which took me to an official looking website (Apple logo and all) and called the number. I was suspicious when he told me to download Anydesk so I hung up. Should I be reporting this somewhere?!

Similar questions

4 replies

Apple Support and AnyDesk

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.