You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Open Tabs/Pages in Safari lose content and URL over time

Since Sonoma, if I have a number of pages loaded in Safari, and come back some time later, some (but not all) of my tabs/pages will have the content cleared and the URL gone, even though the tab still shows the correct page title. reloading doesn't work; that information appears to be gone.

(I've restarted both Safari and the computer, and have the most recent version of the browser and OS.)

Thanks for your thoughts and help.

Andy

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 14.1

Posted on Oct 31, 2023 7:05 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Nov 1, 2023 11:10 PM

I've been experiencing exactly the same thing since updating to Sonoma. It's super annoying. What works for me right now (most of the time but not always) is to hit the "back" button and that reloads the page, but it's still annoying and most definitely a bug that needs fixing. I hope Apple gets around to it quickly.

14 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Nov 1, 2023 11:10 PM in response to Andrew Smith15

I've been experiencing exactly the same thing since updating to Sonoma. It's super annoying. What works for me right now (most of the time but not always) is to hit the "back" button and that reloads the page, but it's still annoying and most definitely a bug that needs fixing. I hope Apple gets around to it quickly.

Open Tabs/Pages in Safari lose content and URL over time

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.