You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

AppleTV4k on tvOS 17.1 loses wifi and needs unplug to fix

I have an Apple TV 4k, and ever since upgrading to tvOS 17.1, it loses the WiFi connection every day or two. When it does, the only thing that fixes it is to unplug it, wait 30 seconds and plug it back in. As soon as it boots back up it finds the Wifi and connects without any problem. This does not happen to my older (not 4k) Apple TVs.

Rebooting the router, the cable modem, anything else, does nothing. Restarting also does not work - it needs to be unplugged.

Any ideas? Is anyone else experiencing this?

Apple TV 4K (3rd generation)

Posted on Nov 5, 2023 5:01 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Nov 8, 2023 4:43 PM

My school has 15 Apple TVs with tvOS 17.1 having a similar issue. They are giving us horrendous problems. Faculty and support staff are complaining that the audio from the tvOS 17.1 always lags behind the video. Also, the Macbook takes a long time to have the passcode upcome when they try to establish an AirPlay connection. Our MacBook are all on the lastest MacOS Ventura

I must emphasize that these issues arose immediately after the most recent OS update, as AirPlay was functioning perfectly prior to the installation. It is disheartening to witness such a drastic decline in performance after an update that was intended to enhance the usability and stability of the system, especially on newer Apple TV models.

As an Apple customer, I have come to expect a certain level of quality and reliability from your products. I rely on AirPlay for various purposes, including streaming videos, sharing presentations, and enjoying multimedia content. The current state of AirPlay on newer Apple TV models is not only inconvenient but also undermines the trust and confidence I have placed in Apple products.

I kindly request that you promptly address these concerns and provide a viable solution to rectify the issues with AirPlay on newer Apple TV models. Whether through an immediate bug fix or a subsequent OS update specifically addressing these issues, I urge Apple to prioritize the restoration of AirPlay's functionality on newer Apple TV models to ensure a seamless and enjoyable user experience for all customers.

Sincerely

[Edited by Moderator]

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Nov 8, 2023 4:43 PM in response to Warren Melnick

My school has 15 Apple TVs with tvOS 17.1 having a similar issue. They are giving us horrendous problems. Faculty and support staff are complaining that the audio from the tvOS 17.1 always lags behind the video. Also, the Macbook takes a long time to have the passcode upcome when they try to establish an AirPlay connection. Our MacBook are all on the lastest MacOS Ventura

I must emphasize that these issues arose immediately after the most recent OS update, as AirPlay was functioning perfectly prior to the installation. It is disheartening to witness such a drastic decline in performance after an update that was intended to enhance the usability and stability of the system, especially on newer Apple TV models.

As an Apple customer, I have come to expect a certain level of quality and reliability from your products. I rely on AirPlay for various purposes, including streaming videos, sharing presentations, and enjoying multimedia content. The current state of AirPlay on newer Apple TV models is not only inconvenient but also undermines the trust and confidence I have placed in Apple products.

I kindly request that you promptly address these concerns and provide a viable solution to rectify the issues with AirPlay on newer Apple TV models. Whether through an immediate bug fix or a subsequent OS update specifically addressing these issues, I urge Apple to prioritize the restoration of AirPlay's functionality on newer Apple TV models to ensure a seamless and enjoyable user experience for all customers.

Sincerely

[Edited by Moderator]

AppleTV4k on tvOS 17.1 loses wifi and needs unplug to fix

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.