You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

stop hyperlink text popup in mail

I saw a previous discussion about this here but there seemed to be no resolution.

As I'm scrolling through an email on Apple Mail, if I mouse over an image or bit of text that has a hyperlink, It automatically pops up a grey block of text displaying the hyperlink text.

In an email with large pictures, and long hyperlinks, any time I stop scrolling or move the mouse, a big grey block of text pops up blocking my view of the photo and/or rest of the email. It automatically shows up without me clicking, long-pressing or anything. If the cursor comes to rest on an image with a hyperlink, it just pops up this grey box, blocking everything behind it until I move the cursor out of the way.

I have to scroll down the email, then move my cursor off the email so it doesn't display the block of text, then move the cursor back so I can continue to scroll.

How do I turn this off? I see no reason why the average user needs to see the text of the hyperlink pop up blocking everything underneath it by default. It's really annoying.

I have a 13" MacBook Pro, Intel from 2020 running Sonoma. It happens when using trackpad or mouse. This also happened on my work Mac Pro, and work MacBook Pro M1.

Please help me, I have no desire to see the hyperlink text block my view of my emails.

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 14.0

Posted on Nov 22, 2023 10:25 AM

1 reply

stop hyperlink text popup in mail

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.