You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My Mac mini shows a Red box around the text that I type or highlight,

when I begin typing in pages, or Numbers, a red box surrounds the typing. How do I get rid of it?

Mac mini (M2 Pro, 2023)

Posted on Nov 22, 2023 12:03 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Nov 26, 2023 1:27 PM

BDAqua led me to the "Accessibility settings" there I found: "Use keyboard shortcuts to zoom;" which was turned off, however, "Hover Text" was enabled. When I disabled it the red box around disappeared, which solved the problem. I had previously looked there and noticed "Use keyboard shortcuts" to zoom" was disabled this solved the problem.

5 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Nov 26, 2023 1:27 PM in response to BDAqua

BDAqua led me to the "Accessibility settings" there I found: "Use keyboard shortcuts to zoom;" which was turned off, however, "Hover Text" was enabled. When I disabled it the red box around disappeared, which solved the problem. I had previously looked there and noticed "Use keyboard shortcuts" to zoom" was disabled this solved the problem.

My Mac mini shows a Red box around the text that I type or highlight,

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.