You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

severUnableToReadScreenMessage Followup

I got a 2019 iMac and ported my old mac to it.

when I tried to control it over my network I got "severUnableToReadScreenMessage" Followup I searched for a solution and found some help here. Several different suggestions not all were working.

I went back to computers where I could control the screen and check the settings on this not functioning computer. I found that on the nonfunctioning computer in "Sharing" that Remote Management There is a "Computer Settings" and in the dialog the settings was set to "VNC Users Can Control with Password' some how there was a password set. Removing this got things working

I have another computer that I login and control and nothing in the "Computer Settings" is marked

How this helps someone. The other discussion apparently is closed.

MacBook Pro 15″, macOS 12.7

Posted on Nov 23, 2023 7:52 AM

Similar questions

There are no replies.

severUnableToReadScreenMessage Followup

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.