You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

How to stop Google sign-in prompt on Safari iPhone?

There was a question on this in 2022 that has been closed. The suggestion was:-

When you sign in to accounts.google.com

Go to Security.

Find the "Sign in to other sites" section

Click on "Signing in with Google"

Find the "Google Account sign-in prompts" toggle. Turn it off.

I can not see "Sign in to other sites" in Security.

Can anyone help please?

iPhone 14, iOS 17

Posted on Nov 27, 2023 3:40 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Apr 14, 2024 12:26 AM

This does not work at all. The point is that you do not want to sign in to google. In order to change these setting you not only need to sign in but stay signed in. The pop up needs to stop. Period.

Similar questions

19 replies

Sep 20, 2024 2:58 PM in response to Cooney850

It has been answered, if you bother to read the thread you posted to. To summarize:

• This is a feature of the WEB SITE you are visiting; they chose to offer this service, and were probably bribed by Google to offer it.
  • Apple has nothing to do with it.
  • Apple has no legal power to stop it or interfere with it.
  • You can’t stop the pop up, but you don’t have to log in with Google.
  • You can use your regular email address.
  • You can also use Apple’s Hide My Email feature if you subscribe to iCloud+, and thus keep your actual email private.

Jun 21, 2024 8:49 AM in response to RonDeamer

That pop up is annoying and I was wondering why I never used to get it, but all of a sudden I get it all the time. I have finally figured it out. It is because of using private browsing. First; Close all of your safari, chrome, and google apps. Second; Open your Safari browser. If you see private browsing and you normally hit that Plus sign (+) "DON'T". Swipe over to "Start Page" and after touching that, go ahead and open up your Google or whatever browser. I just did this and that annoying "Sign in to Google" prompt is gone.

Jul 17, 2024 3:18 PM in response to sonyafromchristchurch

sonyafromchristchurch wrote:

The prompt to sign into google endlessly is very annoying. I have searched how to turn it off but nothing works. It only happens with my new iPhone 15. How can I remove it.

It will happen with any website that uses the Google Signin system. Sites pay Google to handle that for them. Don't visit those sites.

Oct 13, 2024 6:48 AM in response to itchybum9

itchybum9 wrote:

If you open a new search in a private browsing tab, google will ask you every time. Tap the new tab icon at the bottom right then make sure private browsing is NOT selected.

In other words, rather than having to dismiss the annoying Google sign-n prompt, it is better to NOT keep your browsing private? That doesn’t make sense.

How to stop Google sign-in prompt on Safari iPhone?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.