You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cannot add child member to Family

We have recently bought an Ipad 10th gen 10.9 for my 12 year old

I am attempting to add my child to my Family,

I am selecting Add Member, then entering their details. I am then prompted to add card details for verification purposes.

Once I add them, and select 'Done' it just says "There was a problem, please try again later."

The OS is updated to 17.1.2, and i've tried multiple card types.

I am able to add a card to my applePay account, without problem. It's just this verification step.

Does anyone know how I can get around this?

thank you

Andrew.

iPad, iPadOS 16

Posted on Nov 30, 2023 11:07 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Dec 1, 2023 2:50 AM

Thanks Limnos, I actually managed to contact Support via chat who were very helpful.

The resolution:

There appears to a bug with adding card details at this stage - to verify your age. It simply does not work.

It was only asking me to do this at this stage because I had not yet set up a payment method for the Apple Store. (NOT the wallet)

Once a payment card was added to my Apple Store account, the Verification step only asked me for my Cvv value, and it worked OK, and I was able to add the child.

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Dec 1, 2023 2:50 AM in response to Limnos

Thanks Limnos, I actually managed to contact Support via chat who were very helpful.

The resolution:

There appears to a bug with adding card details at this stage - to verify your age. It simply does not work.

It was only asking me to do this at this stage because I had not yet set up a payment method for the Apple Store. (NOT the wallet)

Once a payment card was added to my Apple Store account, the Verification step only asked me for my Cvv value, and it worked OK, and I was able to add the child.

Nov 30, 2023 9:03 PM in response to Humper76

Refer to this document for ways to contact Apple ➞ Choose your country or region - Official Apple Support

Select your country (also look for "other" regions), then a product. If you don't see one that handles your issue then keep experimenting with selections until you reach one that gets you a chat session or a telephone call and get the representative to redirect you.

or:

Contact Apple for support and service by telephone ➞ Contact Apple for support and service - Apple Support

Cannot add child member to Family

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.