You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

WIFI not working iOS 17.1.2 IPhone X

Since upgrading my spare IPhone X to 17.1.2 it will not connect to WIFI

iPhone X

Posted on Dec 3, 2023 2:41 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Dec 3, 2023 1:46 PM

Thank you but I have done all that.

My IPhone X was connected to my WIFI before the update so was my IPhone 14.

When the IPhone X rebooted if could see the WIFI but there was no access.

Next, I deleted the WIFi connection on the IPhone X and rebooted and I made a new connection to the Wifi which went OK but the Wifi would not work.

i have done a erase and reset but now the IPhone X won’t reboot correctly. So, I am off to my Apple Store for tech support.

There is something seriously wrong with the 17.1.2 update…….

10 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Dec 3, 2023 1:46 PM in response to Raicya

Thank you but I have done all that.

My IPhone X was connected to my WIFI before the update so was my IPhone 14.

When the IPhone X rebooted if could see the WIFI but there was no access.

Next, I deleted the WIFi connection on the IPhone X and rebooted and I made a new connection to the Wifi which went OK but the Wifi would not work.

i have done a erase and reset but now the IPhone X won’t reboot correctly. So, I am off to my Apple Store for tech support.

There is something seriously wrong with the 17.1.2 update…….

Dec 7, 2023 5:40 PM in response to SravanKrA

It has to be the update. I have been having the same issue with both my Iphone and my Ipod. My aunt said her and her boyfriend have been having the same problems with theirs too. All of us have had no issues connected to our Wifi on other computers or laptops. Its only been on our Apple products.I have done all the steps except factory resetting my phone, which I am not going to do and shouldn't have to do. Apple needs to fix this issue ASAP.

Dec 3, 2023 2:44 PM in response to Raicya

I’m at the Apple Store who say that 17.1.2 is not compatible or supporting the NORDVPN app even if it is not being used. The fact that it is on the phone is “causing the problem”

As I had the app on both my IPhone 14 Pro and my IPhone X and it is not active, it is interesting that the incompatibility is only with the IPhone X.

Nice that Apple blames the biggest VPN supplier for their update blocking WIFI access 🤔

Dec 3, 2023 1:06 PM in response to SravanKrA

Thank you but your reply and link don’t help. I have two IPhones which have responded differently to 17.1.2 update which indicates it is not my router that is the problem but is Apple’s poor update design.

My IPhone 14 Pro works OK with 17.1.2 but my IPhone X is locked out of using WIFI.

I light of this additional information, do you have a fix?

Dec 3, 2023 1:33 PM in response to y2k-plus

Check the following Apple articles:

Connect to Wi-Fi on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

Connect to Wi-Fi on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

If your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch won’t connect to a Wi-Fi network

If your iPhone or iPad won't connect to a Wi-Fi network - Apple Support

Check the route settings -> Recommended settings for Wi-Fi routers and access points

Recommended settings for Wi-Fi routers and access points - Apple Support

If you need help with your Wi‑Fi password

If you need help with your Wi‑Fi password – Apple Support (UK)

•  You need to sign in to your router.
  • The Wi-Fi network name, or SSID (service set identifier), is the name your network that has a password.

or If you have iOS 16 / iPadOS 16:

Go to -> Settings -> tap Wi-Fi -> tap on the hidden Password -> enter Passcode -> you will then see the Wi-Fi Password.

If they are On, turn Off Hotspot & VPN.

Dec 8, 2023 3:53 PM in response to y2k-plus

FWIW For me it was VPN related - my ex-phone carrier (Google Fi) provided VPN configurations onto the phone, and after I switched off to another carrier it kept messing up with looping "VPN Connecting". After I have deleted all VPN configurations from my phone - it seems to keep the WIFI connection on (and not using cellular data as before).

Dec 3, 2023 4:24 AM in response to y2k-plus

iOS updates generally aim to enhance user experience, boost security, and fix bugs rather than disrupt core features. WiFi issues after updates might stem from underlying, unmentioned factors. Updates won't typically alter personal data but may refine settings or features. Backup before major updates for safety. Review Apple's update details and backup advice for a smooth process.

This seems purely coincidental so please check the Setting on your device. Internet not Connected but WiFi enabled - Apple Community

See what each update does: About iOS 17 Updates, About iOS 16 Updates, About iOS 15 Updates, About iOS 14 Updates, About iOS 13 Updates, About iOS 12 Updates, and so on...

Jan 7, 2024 1:36 AM in response to y2k-plus

I understand your frustration because I’m in the same position. My IPhone 11Pro Max been activated just 2 days before this happened. The phone switched off automatically and switched back ON without being able to use headphones/wifi. There is a simple strategy which I believe is true. I’ve talked with them over the phone and they try “hard” to help me but they said the only solution is to go to Apple Store. Which means they want us to go to Apple Store to have a better experience using the new devices in order to get attached and buy it. I don’t have nothing to complain about Apple devices as I’m a satisfied customer since 2010 and there was nothing to complain major. But this time they will not lose customers/ they will bring more customers then you think. Well done to you guys. (Just sort out my IOS please) as I’m not buying a new one atm.

WIFI not working iOS 17.1.2 IPhone X

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.