You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Latest update breaks upgrading movies.

Can’t upgrade movies that now have a different version such as a 4K version. For instance I own Alien & Aliens both now have a 4K version. Which my copies didn’t upgrade to and no longer can with the store moving to the AppleTV app the option is gone. When you search for say Aliens you get the new artwork and only the option to play but you don’t get the new 4K version that just came out. Thats just one example I looked at others I have Alien being one and Hateful Eight being another.

Posted on Dec 13, 2023 8:10 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Dec 14, 2023 10:57 PM

I have the same issue with Aliens. Purchased it on iTunes several years ago in HD. It is now available in 4K but it is not automatically upgrading to 4K. I sure hope this is a temporary problem with the new update to 17.2. Apple, please address this problem! Thanks.

1 reply

Latest update breaks upgrading movies.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.