You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cannot update to ios 17.2 using the latest version of iTunes

I downloaded the newest version of itunes (12.13.1.3) for Windows 10 and I'm getting an error message saying "To update your iPhone to iOS 17.2, you need to install the latest version of iTunes"

Is anyone else having this error?

XboxOne,

Posted on Dec 16, 2023 10:44 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Dec 25, 2023 4:28 PM

You need to uninstall the standalone itunes version and reinstall it again through the Microsoft Store. I had the latest itunes version 12.13.1 which i downloaded from the apple official repository but it always ended up in the same loop.

Similar questions

4 replies

Dec 23, 2023 2:47 PM in response to mikeuttam

On iTunes, it says, to update your iPhone to iOS 17.2.1, you need to install the latest version of iTunes. When I press OK, and go to Help and then "check for upates" it tells me "This version of iTunes 12.13.1 is the current version. When I click OK, it goes back to "A new iPhone software version 17.2.1 is available for the iPhone. Would you like to update now? I click "OK" and then I get...To update your IPhone to iOS 17.2.1, you need to install the latest version of iTunes.

I can't get out of this loop!!!

Cannot update to ios 17.2 using the latest version of iTunes

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.