You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Remote access - sticky mouse pointer in top left corner

When I remotely log in to a MacBook from an iMac while another user is logged in directly to the computer, the mouse pointer on the remote screen gets stuck in the top left corner. But I can still use the mouse. In some applications, the stuck mouse pointer interferes with mouse control. For example, it is not possible to click, hold and drag the mouse pointer. The first mouse click is always placed in the upper left corner, no matter where I drag and click with the mouse.

But this only happens when I log on to the Mac as a second user, so to speak covertly - after I'm asked whether I want to take over the screen or whether I want to log in with my own account. If no one is logged into the computer and I'm working remotely (and you can see what I'm doing on the remote Mac), this doesn't happen.

Mac OS X 13.6.3 (on both machines)

connected via LAN / WLAN

private home network with Fritzbox 7490 router

Does anyone else have this problem? Is it known and can you do something about it?

Happy Holidays!

Dirk

MacBook Pro 15″, macOS 13.6

Posted on Dec 22, 2023 3:34 AM

Similar questions

There are no replies.

Remote access - sticky mouse pointer in top left corner

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.