You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 14 Plus battery health at 81% after only a year

Is anyone else’s iPhone 14 models battery degrading extremely Quickly? My iPhone 14 Plus has only 81% max capacity after a year which I’ve heard they’re supposed to hold around 80% after 2 years so it’s pretty much draining twice as fast, my old iPhone 11 which only went down to 84% after 2 1/2 years is anyone else experiencing this issue? Or did I get a botched phone? Cause it glitches out of apps, lags, the camera occasionally freezes and the phone shuts down (which may be due to battery) but it shouldn’t be at 81% battery health after only a year

iPhone 14 Plus, iOS 17

Posted on Dec 26, 2023 11:27 AM

5 replies

Dec 26, 2023 11:32 AM in response to EthanAliv

If it's still less than a year old and the battery is down to 80%, Apple should replace it for free.

Even if the phone is a bit over a year, I would still make an appointment at the Apple Store or take the phone to an authorized Apple service shop as soon as possible to ask about a replacement.

You can find a list of authorized shops in your area using this link:

Find Locations

Mar 10, 2024 5:57 AM in response to EthanAliv

If iPhone less than a year old in some regions you can do a screening for Apple care in an Apple store. It gives you the option to activate Apple care + within 10 days. I'm talking to you about Apple care + because with this insurance active if the battery drops below 80% of life you can change it for free in addition to having coverage for damage and the warranty extension. Get Support

Mar 10, 2024 6:41 AM in response to Nyc_punisher

Sorry dude My browser had not charged your repost, the % of the battery you see in the settings is nothing more than an average calculated through the iPhone logs and it may happen that it goes down a lot and freeze, it is advisable to try to perform a reset of the device from a computer, it will perform a recalibration of the battery, + is possible to extend Apple care + after the end date.

Lithium-ion batteries are chemical continents and for this reason they may not follow a linear degradation

iPhone 14 Plus battery health at 81% after only a year

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.