You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

What does a privacy warning on my iPhone Wi-Fi mean?

on my wifi account in my home I have a privacy warning.

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPhone 13 Pro Max, iOS 17

Posted on Dec 27, 2023 9:51 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Dec 27, 2023 10:02 AM

Your iPhone, iPad or Mac is letting you know an old, easily breached Wi-Fi setting is enabled on your router. You need to go into the router's settings and set it use nothing older than WPA-2.

WEP and the original WPA are outdated and no longer secure. If your router is too old and cannot be set to use a wireless security setting higher than either of these, then you need to replace your router. The sooner the better.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Dec 27, 2023 10:02 AM in response to Crystalpistol32

Your iPhone, iPad or Mac is letting you know an old, easily breached Wi-Fi setting is enabled on your router. You need to go into the router's settings and set it use nothing older than WPA-2.

WEP and the original WPA are outdated and no longer secure. If your router is too old and cannot be set to use a wireless security setting higher than either of these, then you need to replace your router. The sooner the better.

What does a privacy warning on my iPhone Wi-Fi mean?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.