You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Add music to a playlist, has this changed?

I have a late 2020 iMac running macOS 14.2.1 and iTunes/Music 1.4.2.83 and I've noticed that when adding music to an already created playlist has changed or is this a big?

The last time I wanted to add music to a playlist I would click on the song/album then right click then select add to playlist and I then got a list of all my playlist and I could select the one I wanted to add the music to but now when I do that I only get the option to add to new playlist. Is this normal or could it be a bug?

Thanks,

iMac 27″, macOS 14.2

Posted on Dec 30, 2023 10:01 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jan 5, 2024 8:01 AM

Did it work because I have this problem too. It’s utterly disgusting the way Apple toss its users around like rubbish. I’m completely sick these massive bugs, it was bad enough when the shut down iTunes but now this!!!

“you will own nothing and be happy comes to mind!!! “

sorry for the rant but why bother changing something that worked perfectly well Apple?? It’s like you deliberately want to p— your users off knowing you’ve got us by the G——-!! Really infuriating!!!!!

Similar questions

16 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jan 5, 2024 8:01 AM in response to sparkey-markey

Did it work because I have this problem too. It’s utterly disgusting the way Apple toss its users around like rubbish. I’m completely sick these massive bugs, it was bad enough when the shut down iTunes but now this!!!

“you will own nothing and be happy comes to mind!!! “

sorry for the rant but why bother changing something that worked perfectly well Apple?? It’s like you deliberately want to p— your users off knowing you’ve got us by the G——-!! Really infuriating!!!!!

Jan 16, 2024 9:45 AM in response to robguitarjarvis

Thanks I'll give this a try. I have since found that if I create a new playlist everything all works OK it just seams to be an issue with my older playlists.

Today I have spoken to Apple Care but they knew nothing about it, all they said was to try it in safe mode which I did but it made no difference, maybe it's a bug or they have changed the code for this action and like you said gone back to an older way of doing it.

Jan 16, 2024 12:10 PM in response to robguitarjarvis

I have another issue that is just since the Sonoma 14.2.1 update. When I make a new playlist I always pull a new picture that fits the theme of that playlist. Now I can NOT pull a new pict from the internet to replace the four album covers of the first four songs in the playlist! Even right clicking and choosing EDIT - it says Choose a file but that will not work either. I agree why would they change something that has always worked before?!!!

Feb 28, 2024 4:01 PM in response to Cosmic Rocker

Hi - this is Cosmic Rocker - answering my own question so if anyone still has the original problem that I talked about in my post then here is a solution: let's just say you made a new playlist of The Best Rain Songs of the '70s. Now for the picture at the top left of the new playlist is pictures of the album covers of the first four songs in the playlist. But you want to replace those album covers for a pic you found on the internet like for instance:

I used to be able just to drag it over to that playlist and drop there where I want it. They took that away in Sonoma 14.2.1 So I figured out if you will drag that picture to a folder on you desktop - then back to you rain playlist, right click on it to EDIT and choose the square with the + sign in the middle, click on the + and you get two choices 1) Choose a file or 2) Choose from photo library. Click on option 1 and it brings up your Finder folder, go to RECENTS and there's the jpeg of this Rain Songs picture, choose it and hit OPEN and presto there it is at the top of you playlist instead of the 4 album covers. Sounds hard but it's not off if you want cool headers for your playlists. By the way this is me using an iMac with the Music App (formerly iTunes).

Add music to a playlist, has this changed?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.