You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple TV prime video audio issues

While watching content (movies, series etc.) on prime video the audio now and then stutters (stops for a second or two and then continues). It's not my internet connection or the WiFI since the video (picture) continues playing without an issue and my appletv is connected via LAN to the router.

Restarting the apple tv doesnt help. Does anybody else have this issue and have a solution for this? It's very annoying and forces me to use the prime video app of my LG TV which is having no issues with the audio.

Apple TV 4K (3rd generation)

Posted on Jan 1, 2024 8:38 AM

3 replies

Mar 27, 2024 8:22 PM in response to chrmahr

I've never experienced any audio issues unique to the Amazon Prime Video app.

More likely, this happens when you're watching 4K content with a heavy multichannel soundtrack, and your TV/Audio equipment burps on the ATV4K's delivery of uncompressed LPCM audio streams for each channel. This is an Apple TV device behavior that affects some AVRs like you're experiencing. There are lots of threads out here on the 'audio dropout' topic.

Sometimes it's a suboptimal connection/cable/setup issue. What's your A/V hardware setup and how is the ATV4K connected in?

Apple TV prime video audio issues

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.