You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Watch not connecting properly to Matrix treadmill

The gym I use has Matrix equipment. I have previously successfully paired my watch to the treadmill with no issues. I tried to pair today and it connects, allows the choice of workout (I pick indoor run) but then instead of starting the workout on the watch, it opens up the Fitness app as if to select a workout. The run is going on the treadmill but with no calories shown (as it will usually get this data from the watch). When I start an indoor run on the watch from this state, it starts a separate workout that isn’t matched up to the treadmill. My previous run was early December, perhaps a watch update has caused an issue? I tried two different treadmills so I think either a watch or treadmill software issue.

Apple Watch Series 8, watchOS 10

Posted on Jan 2, 2024 11:08 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Feb 7, 2024 4:49 AM

The gym I use has Matrix equipment. I have previously successfully paired my watch to the treadmill with no issues. I tried to pair today and it connects, allows the choice of workout (I pick indoor run) but then instead of starting the workout on the watch, it opens up the Fitness app as if to select a workout. The run is going on the treadmill but with no calories shown (as it will usually get this data from the watch). When I start an indoor run on the watch from this state, it starts a separate workout that isn’t matched up to the treadmill. My previous run was early December, perhaps a watch update has caused an issue? I tried two different treadmills so I think either a watch or treadmill software issue.

can someone please address this I have the same issue as stated by another Apple Watch user

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Feb 7, 2024 4:49 AM in response to Catterpillar8000

can someone please address this I have the same issue as stated by another Apple Watch user

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.