You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I restrict my Wi-Fi access to apps on my iPhone 14?

I’m a person who goes to the sea and at sea you often get very less data 100MB or so

so how can i restrict my WIFI not mobile data, WIFI access to apps

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPhone 14, iOS 17

Posted on Jan 18, 2024 12:57 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jan 18, 2024 1:05 AM

Unfortunately, iPhones currently don't offer a built-in way to directly restrict specific apps from using Wi-Fi and allow the Mobile data for these apps.

Some third-party VPN apps offer app-specific data usage monitoring and blocking features. However, this involves installing additional software and may come with subscription fees. Research popular VPN options with app-level control to see if it fits your needs.

Remember, iPhones still lack native app-level Wi-Fi access control.

Similar questions

4 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jan 18, 2024 1:05 AM in response to yokhrue

Unfortunately, iPhones currently don't offer a built-in way to directly restrict specific apps from using Wi-Fi and allow the Mobile data for these apps.

Some third-party VPN apps offer app-specific data usage monitoring and blocking features. However, this involves installing additional software and may come with subscription fees. Research popular VPN options with app-level control to see if it fits your needs.

Remember, iPhones still lack native app-level Wi-Fi access control.

Mar 27, 2024 5:32 AM in response to SravanKrA

SravanKrA wrote:

Yikes! This seems like a huge security/privacy issue. 🤔🤔

Worse yet, I’ve noticed with FreeCell, that if I turn off my Wi-Fi, FreeCell can still access the Internet, even though I’ve turned off cellular access to that app. This sounds very bad.

Android has this feature and Apple does not. Surprising, as I always thought Apple was more focussed on Security/Privacy than Android.

How do I restrict my Wi-Fi access to apps on my iPhone 14?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.