You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Books keeps syncing to iCloud despite repeatedly turning off syncing.

I'm at my wits end. I have several GB worth of ebooks in Apple Books that I want to keep on my Macbook's local drive. Lately, I've been getting daily notices that my iCloud drive is full and lo and behold my Books has synced to iCloud. No matter how many times I go to System Preference > iCloud > Show More Apps > Books and uncheck it, I go back in and find that it has re-activated itself. And of course every time I uncheck it, it removes all my ebooks from not just the cloud but my local drive. What kind of mental torture is this?

MacBook Pro (M2 Pro, 2023)

Posted on Jan 22, 2024 8:44 PM

Similar questions

2 replies

May 30, 2024 4:42 AM in response to Mac-City

I think I figured it out last night, no thanks to apple support that promised to call but never did... Turn off iCloud Drive, especially books there. It seems pretty ridicules that you have to turn it off in two places. dang. It would be nice if apple would go back to focusing their energy on making beautiful products and designs instead of spending so much energy on shoving their inappropriate social values down my throat.

Books keeps syncing to iCloud despite repeatedly turning off syncing.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.