You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Am unable to update my iPhone 6s iOS 15.8

nothing more

Posted on Jan 24, 2024 6:07 AM

9 replies

Jan 24, 2024 6:20 AM in response to Yomideade234

Hello Yomideade234.

If you are referring to the fact that you are on that version of iOS and aren't relieving any more updates, sorry, but Apple stopped releasing updates for the iPhone 6s in 2020. The reason for this is due to the amount of power that the chip in the older phones can give. They don't have enough power to run the newer versions of iOS. You should consider upgrading to an iPhone SE. For a cheaper phone, the benefits are tremendous! But sorry, you can't get any updates otherwise.

If you are referring to the fact that you can't update to iOS 15.8, then more information is needed for anyone to provide an answer. What error message does it give you when you try to update? Because if it's:

• "Your iPhone storage is full," then you must delete some files (e.g. documents, photos, voice memos, messages, etc.)
  • "The update could not be installed" or something like that, then you should try restarting your iPhone.

Otherwise, please provide more information (and screenshots) about what happens when you try updating.

Jan 26, 2024 7:00 AM in response to IdrisSeabright

IdrisSeabright wrote:

Platypus4 wrote:
If you are referring to the fact that you are on that version of iOS and aren't relieving any more updates, sorry, but Apple stopped releasing updates for the iPhone 6s in 2020.
That's a bit misleading. The iPhone 6S supports iOS 15.8.1 which was released two days ago (1/22/24).

Oh! Sorry, I completely forgot. I myself read the release notes and news, and completely forgot that they still release important security updates. What I meant is that they don't let you upgrade and not that they don't let you update. My bad.

Am unable to update my iPhone 6s iOS 15.8

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.