You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iOS 17.3 - disappearing home pages

I’ve just recently updated my iphone 13 pro to the iOS 17.3 and I noticed that one of my home pages keep disappearing and appearing again! I click the 2 dots when i click and hold the home page to edit, but it doesn’t appear. I’ve tried restarting my phone and nothing. But sometimes it appears … i don’t know why or what to do! Please help 😊

iPhone 13 Pro

Posted on Feb 2, 2024 6:04 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Feb 25, 2024 9:32 AM

I updated my phone this morning and it was fine until I locked it. When I unlocked it, one of the sections of my Home Screen was gone. What happened?

13 replies

Feb 6, 2024 9:40 AM in response to luiza51

This just happened to me for the second time. The first time was a couple weeks ago with a previous iOS version. I have my apps arranged in folders across five or six screens. All but the Home Screen and App Library have disappeared. The screens aren’t hidden- when I press and hold the bottom of the screen, only two are there- the Home Screen and the App Library. Rebooting didn’t help either time. They all reappeared magically after about an hour the first time. Hopefully that will happen again!

Feb 6, 2024 11:05 AM in response to Lala641

I just discovered something. I have several different wallpapers. I have been running the wallpaper that has Photo Shuffle, which is the wallpaper that has this problem. If I switch to a stagnant wallpaper with a single picture in the background, all of my screens, folders, and apps reappear. When I switch back to the photo wallpaper, they’re gone again.

Mar 3, 2024 7:09 PM in response to Lala641

I have the same problem as you. It’s true you could reset and spend hours putting everything back the way you like but there is no certainty that this will solve the problem. It is mostly likely some kind of glitch built into IOS 17.3. in my case 1. Your backup in cloud will most likely have the same problem.

There is a temporary fix I found by accident. Change your wallpaper and you should get you system back until it happens again, which it probably will. Each time I just change the wallpaper. Apple says that there is a new update coming in about two weeks or so. It doesn’t solve the problem but it’s a decent workaround.

Feb 25, 2024 10:31 AM in response to Haleyhatcher

When the same thing happened to me, i called apple support, and they said that it had something to do with a bug on the 17.3 update. I tried resetting my phone and for a while it would still happen. Knock on wood, hasnt been happening lately but i have no idea what i did differently. I would say just be patient and hope that it stops happening 😂

iOS 17.3 - disappearing home pages

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.