You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I edit and share spatial video on my Vision Pro?

I've been taking a lot of spatial videos in the last couple months in anticipation of getting the Vision Pro. Watching them is cool, but I would really like to be able to edit the videos and share then a la Youtube.

Media reports indicated that Final Cut Pro would be available natively for the Vision Pro, and I was anticipating that would be the choice for editing, but as far as I can tell it is not available, not even in the Youtube version. There does not appear to be any native Vision Pro app that will edit spatial video, at least not yet.

There may be away to do it in DaVinci Resolve, but it is a pretty complex procedure and without a native app, there does not appear to be a way to actually view the videos in 3D while editing them, other than buying another set of goggles.

So, has anyone figured out a way to edit these videos on the Vision Pro?

I know that Youtube declined to make a native app, but you would think that Apple would create their own spatial video sharing app. Maybe they are waiting for a developer to do so, but it would be nice to share, and more importantly to me, see what other people are creating with spatial video.

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Apple Vision Pro

Posted on Feb 4, 2024 2:51 PM

Similar questions

10 replies

Mar 5, 2024 3:23 PM in response to blackclawdog

I am first adopter too , and going to shoot some content in spatial on our mens photo shoot , but almost nobody including Vimeo knows anything about spatial , we too are trying to push the spatial content on web site , but I think safari itself needs huge update for immersive and spatial viewing. and yes how to share the spatial video

other person with Vision Pro , or post online video and they watch spatial thru web browser. this is a big issue I am assume they ( apple ) knows and got something in the works. we all may be to early here unless someone knows

how to edit spatial then export to an online service like Vimeo or you tube for viewing thru Vision Pro , or even shared iPhoto space ?

Mar 6, 2024 10:47 AM in response to blackclawdog

This guy has figured out how to break apart MV-HEVC (spatial) videos in SBS Top/Bottom, or separate files. And also create spatial from any of those formats. I used it to create a MV-HEVCs from some of my SBS family videos shot from my trusty JVC Everio 3D camcorder. So you could break into two files, edit simultaneously on your timeline, export out the two files, and then convert back to MV-HEVC.

Involves a bit of command-line stuff but I was able to figure it out pretty quickly.

https://blog.mikeswanson.com/spatial

Mar 15, 2024 4:23 PM in response to Jeff Bastian

the problem is ok , so lets say we all figured out to edit and export thru endless steps and we have this file to share

how do you share this edited final video ? Vimeo is not embraced this yet , and. you tube I know does not want apple to be successful so they will be out , assume google is working on same type of device as well

but who knows how share the vision pro spatial content to other Apple Vision Pro users can enjoy videos's

we want to share on our web site so apple Visio pro users can have a better experience

How can I edit and share spatial video on my Vision Pro?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.