You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

📢 Newsroom Update

Apple introduces powerful new iPad mini built for Apple Intelligence. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Auto correct on Pages - very frustrating?

When I am writing on an iPad OS 17.2 the auto correct really slows me down and this is a recent problem.

If it corrects a word, it highlights it and should I have the temerity to go back and add a punctuation mark it swiftly deletes it, because there is no way of removing the highlight. Even accepting the change and moving on does help because if I return to add to the word to add punctuation it is automatically highlighted. Once selected always selected it appears! The only solution I have found is to type in the correctly spelt word, which is time consuming.

Is this driving anyone else mad?

Is there a way of fixing this, even if I have to turn off auto correct, which I would rather not do?

I can see no way on an iPad to change my Pages preferences,

Posted on Feb 6, 2024 2:16 AM

Similar questions

6 replies

Feb 6, 2024 12:21 PM in response to ProustGiulio

Thank you for replying, but I have two ... icons available on the iPad. The central one controls the screens and the one in a circle on the sidebar controls the server or sidebar. Am I missing something? Are you referencing an iPad?

On Pages on my Mac I do not see the icon at all, but I do have the option of selecting settings in the drop down menu.

Mar 4, 2024 7:45 AM in response to Zannefin

Apart from the fact that if it isn’t broke, don’t fix it, which Apple doesn’t seem to understand. I think the three points are referring to is called an ellipsis but when I touch the ellipsis it brings up a submenu without auto spell check or any other option related. I think Apple’s apps are worse than government bureaucracy. jeepers!

Auto correct on Pages - very frustrating?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.