You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Vision Pro looses built-in audio after disconnecting AirPods

How to replicate:

1. Boot up AVP.
  2. Play some music. (Built-in audio works fine)
  3. Connect AirPods. (AirPods audio works fine)
  4. Disconnect AirPods.

At this point I can't hear anything coming out of AVP. The audio controls shows me changing the volume, but no audio. I double checked to see if the AirPods were still connected, and I even disabled bluetooth altogether, but still no sound will come out of the built in speakers.

The only thing that seems to work is to power cycle the AVP, including disconnecting the battery. That seems to happen with both my old AirPods and my AirPods Max.

Apple Vision Pro, visionOS 1

Posted on Feb 8, 2024 8:27 AM

1 reply

Mar 29, 2024 11:47 AM in response to webrgp

Had my Apple Vision Pro for almost 2 months worked fine. Just yesterday I noticed the right earphone heating up the next thing that happened the volume did not work call Apple support they didn’t seem to know or ignoring the problem. Tried every setting I could find that had to do with sound, but I also noticed that it heats up when I’m not even using it and the battery is attached. I believe I will have to end up taking it to the, Apple Store .

Vision Pro looses built-in audio after disconnecting AirPods

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.