You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Sync itunes audiobooks on windows pc in 2024

Now that "Apple Music" & the "Apple Devices" apps are out for Windows, the legacy Audiobooks and Podcasts I had are left behind in old iTunes as per Apple. Syncing my iPhone with the Apple Music app removed all my iTunes audiobooks from my phone. iTunes and the Apple Devices app warn you that Audiobooks will remain in iTunes however iTunes no longer syncs with the phone. Does anyone know how to sync back Audiobooks onto the iPhone?

XboxOneX,

Posted on Feb 9, 2024 8:17 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Feb 12, 2024 5:43 AM

iTunes for Windows still works fine, unless you install Apple Music, Apple TV or Apple Devices for Windows. If either of those apps are install iTunes is hobbled until they are uninstalled again. Apple Music is an incomplete solution looking for a problem at this stage.

tt2

Similar questions

6 replies

Feb 12, 2024 3:19 PM in response to turingtest2

So I needed to do something as iTunes broke and music library changes weren't syncing over to iPhone. I was happy to see Apple Music app release as iTunes has been a slow & poor performing solution on Windows for years. I've since switched to using the "BookPlayer" audiobook app for iOS. From the PC, I upload the audiobook files to iCloud then download and import them in the BookPlayer app on iPhone. I did consider buying the "AnyTrans" Windows app as the demo worked great for adding content to the iPhone but it's $30-70 depending on the license type and seems silly to pay for basic functionally.

Apr 6, 2024 7:25 PM in response to rdaubner

It's not just windows users, Apple, you have dropped the ball continuously since iTunes and iPods worked amazingly together once upon a time.

What I'm really missing now (on Windows, sold all my macs but still have the iphone), is an 'Audio Files' (call it Audio books if you like) app along with Music and Podcast apps. A Photos app for Windows would also be good.

I'm sure many, many users like myself have hundreds of audio files which have been collected over the years: lectures; sermons; language lessons; audio books; whatever they may be, and now they have no home. Even if I transfer them with the USELESS new Apple Devices app, then what? Try play them with Books, go on, try it. I have 'Albums' and 'Genres' of lectures which need to be played in order, like a book, they are not audio book files though. These were easy to arrange in iTunes with Author / Album and the like. In the Devices app, there's no Author / Album / Genre selection and the audiobooks are impossible to view / manage. Completely impossible if you have a library of mp3 audio files, which are not audio books, but which need to be arranged.

I'm sure this would be best solved by an Audio books or Audio files app that allowed me to grab multiple Albums and drag them onto the iphone and listen within that app, essentially a podcast app for private files.

This is SUCH a good idea, and SO useful, I have no doubt it will never be done. : )

Everything works as it should in iTunes where I designated these files as 'Audiobooks' and listen to them on the iphone with the Book Mower app. It would be good if Apple brought this all 'in house' though, and especially before iTunes disappears forever. Basically, at that point, I'll trash the iPhone if there isn't a solution.

Also shouldn't have to use Microsoft Photos app to pull photos off an iphone. Apple should make their own app for it. Basically, treat Windows users well and they'll be more likely to get a Mac next. As for the audio files problem, there's not even a Mac solution for that.

Sync itunes audiobooks on windows pc in 2024

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.