You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

3D Movies not working with Apple Vision Pro and AppleTV App

The Apple Vision Pro doesn't seem to sync with any digital movies purchased via MoviesAnywhere that are now available in 3-D for the Apple Vision Pro.

I purchased movies like Dune, Ready Player One, and many others that should be available in 3-D but when I open the movies in the Apple Vision Pro it gives the option to play in 3-D but the movies are then played in 2-D. Does anyone know if Apple is going to fix this?

Basically, if you purchased a digital movie outside of the Apple Store like from Movies Anywhere, Vudu, Amazon, etc it will not let you play the 3-D version within the Apple Vision Pro software.

Apple Vision Pro, visionOS 1

Posted on Feb 19, 2024 10:22 AM

1 reply

Mar 10, 2024 5:08 PM in response to nohoverboarding88

I reached out to Apple Support about this issue. It is a licensing issue which makes sense. I have to buy the movies again thru Apple but am not able to because it says I own it already. The senior tech found other cases which you would have to contact Movies Anywhere and have them remove the movies from your library so that you can then repurchase the movie thru Apple. I wish Apple would have kept the gift a movie which was a go around or allow you to purchase a movie again without this drawn out process that would have to continue the more they update their 3D library.

3D Movies not working with Apple Vision Pro and AppleTV App

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.