You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Compressor Job Annotations for the Keywords Field

hello

would someone be so kind as to please point me in the correct direction?

i am looking for Apple instructions, inputting Keywords in the Job Annotations field, it used to be in the Compressor Manual but i could not find this with the latest release Compressor 4.7

for example, which is correct in order to forensically/query after compression to locate the imbedded metadata tags?

Religion, Spirituality, Christmas, Jesus, YHWH, Elohim, HolySpirit, TarahPaige, victorfoto

or

Religion,Spirituality,Christmas,Jesus,YHWH,Elohim,HolySpirit,TarahPaige,victorfoto

or

religion, spirituality, christmas, jesus, yhwh, elohim, holyspirit, tarahpaige, victorfoto

or

religion,spirituality,christmas,jesus,yhwh,elohim,holyspirit,tarahpaige,victorfoto

thank you in advance! :)

v

#compressor #keywords #metadata

Posted on Feb 23, 2024 11:31 AM

5 replies

Mar 8, 2024 11:29 PM in response to victor maldonado

I have used GraphicConverter 12 or exiftool to edit movie metadata. Apple devices and apps currently favor "Keys" tags (support for "UserData" and "ItemList" tags is much more limited).

exiftool -a -G1 -s -n -Keys:All 2005-0505-1205-05.mp4
[Keys]          CreationDate                    : 2005:05:05 12:05:05+01:00
[Keys]          GPSCoordinates                  : -36.6101 -66.91515 119.9
[Keys]          Author                          : Keys:Author
[Keys]          Description                     : Keys:Description
[Keys]          Keywords                        : Keys:Keywords 1,Keys:Keywords 2
[Keys]          Title                           : Keys:Title
[Keys]          UserRating                      : 3
[Keys]          LocationName                    : Keys:LocationName
[Keys]          Make                            : Keys:Make
[Keys]          Model                           : Keys:Model
[Keys]          Software                        : Keys:Software

macOS 14 Sonoma QuickTime Player displays those tags like this (also Photos.app imports and displays these tags):

More details at:

Movie dates and Photos.app - Apple Community

Feb 25, 2024 7:36 PM in response to BenB

thank you for the link, ben :)

yes, i saw that. there used to be a Apple resource with instructions with the order, commas, spaces & the Return Key but cant find it

i agree, metadata was a little iffy there for a while especially with High Sierra but works on Sonoma 14.3

we rely on metadata to catalog all our movies & images especially with tags from studios, IPTC https://iptc.org/ conventions, the military has their own as well along with United States National Archive, we've been using since around 2007 & i've built my own that i share with clients

in the image below is an ‘Get Info’ (Command i) from QuickTime movie generated from Compressor

have a great night! :)

v :)

References:

https://nvlpubs.nist.gov/nistpubs/Legacy/SP/nistspecialpublication800-95.pdf

https://www.archives.gov/records-mgmt/bulletins/2015/2015-04.html

Compressor Job Annotations for the Keywords Field

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.