You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I deauthorize device on iTunes?

Hi support, I am trying to Authorize my computer to iTunes but when I log in the account and try to follow the instructions it can't be done. The line where the authorizations are listed says that one computer has the authorization but the I try to authorize te new one it says I can authorize only up to five devices and wan't let me do the thing. A part from that the "Deauthorize all" button does not show.

Exactly the same thing on my MacBook Air and MiniMac.

What can I do?

Screenshot below...

[Edited by Moderator]

MacBook Air (2018 – 2020)

Posted on Mar 10, 2024 4:32 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Mar 14, 2024 8:54 PM

I have exactly the same issue the deauthorize button is not there, it says I only have one authorized computer but when I try to authorize it says I already have 5 and drives me in this mad circle with no solution.

6 replies

Aug 3, 2024 4:21 PM in response to dujak222

I was able to remove a device on my MacBook Air:

• Click the Apple logo in the upper-left corner.
  • Select System Settings.
  • Click where it shows "Apple ID" in the upper left.
  • Scroll down to "Devices" where it lists all your devices.
  • Select the device to remove
  • Click the "Remove from Account" button
  • Click the "Remove" button to confirm.
  • Close and reopen System Settings.
  • Go to Apple ID
  • The device is no longer listed under "Devices"

Apr 4, 2024 2:24 AM in response to rstone122

No response so far, but I suspect it might have something to do with iTunes Match... When making a playlist on an "unauthorized" Mac, it only blocked the songs uploaded via iTunes Match, while the purchased ones and those from "Music" worked fine. Nonetheless, I find it disappointing that Apple doesn't do a good job of responding to this matter. I've seen several tens of comments on the web about this issue.

Jul 10, 2024 3:34 PM in response to dujak222

iTunes would not load on my Apple Studio. I had purchased a musical piece I wanted to play on the Studio, but it does not appear on the iCloud or via iTunes... nor on DropBox. Also, there is nonsensical confusion regarding my password which I changes and no neither the previous nor the current works on my Apple Studio as an Apple ID. I have to go on via iCloud. Very frustrating when one is simply trying to work on a project from one device to another.

How do I deauthorize device on iTunes?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.