You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Periodic Screen Flickering on Mac Studio M2 - Philips 328E 4k screens

I am on a brand new Studio M2 (not the ultra) and have Philips 328E 4k screens both running a HDMI to USB-C cable. The screens, both of them, will randomly start to flicker and I can't seem to pinpoint what the setup issue might be. Anyone else seen this or have a solution to the flicker? They are great screens and I really don't want to have to buy something different if there is a solution out there!

Mac Studio, macOS 14.2

Posted on Mar 14, 2024 11:48 AM

Similar questions

7 replies

Mar 14, 2024 6:25 PM in response to FarleyHough

FarleyHough wrote:

The cables are 3ft long (I went short) and were not the cheapest cable I could find (Plugable cables). I have them in 1 & 2 right now but can try moving them around and will report back. It is intermittent, which is the odd part. Most of the time they are well behaved. I will take a look at these other cables as well - much appreciated.

You're welcome.

The port location shouldn't matter all that much with the Mac Studio, as it supports more displays than a Mac Mini for example.

What I suspect, is either the quality of the display cables or some other high demand device(s) on the TB/USB-C ports.

Jun 12, 2024 6:11 PM in response to FarleyHough

Yes I have the same problem with a ghosting of various open apps screens and a flicker!

I am using a Mac Studio M2 Max with Sonoma 14.5 with an BENQ PD2725U monitor and have tried it with a new 4K HDMI upgraded cable and also running Display Colour Profile, with no results! This was after going through a couple of forums regarding the same suggested changes! Also of conducting the old Tech special of restarting the Mac Studio to no avail.

It is annoying as it only happens occasionally. And it looks like apple do not have a fix!

Help required Apple!

Periodic Screen Flickering on Mac Studio M2 - Philips 328E 4k screens

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.