You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iOS 17.4 update led to AirPlay not working

continuing from the header “iOS 17.4 update, image mirroring function lost” because I have tried to save my reply to @LotusPilot dozens of times and I get error messages every time.

I watch various things on my TV (smart TV, Insignia) from my iPad with AirPlay. Since installing iOS 17.4 on the iPad, at first only the sound was mirrored on the TV, and in the latest attempts, neither the sound nor the image are mirrored, although some connection is made since the TV becomes mute and the screen becomes black. Anything playing before the mirroring attempt stops. But the mirroring does not happen either.

Insights? Is this happening to others?

Thank you.

(Sorry for the 2nd thread on this, but all my attempts to continue the conversation with @LotisPilot have failed. I sign in, and 10 seconds later am told that my response could not be recorded because my session expired. I sign in again, and so on, ad infinitum.)

iPad (7th generation)

Posted on Mar 15, 2024 12:47 PM

Similar questions

1 reply

Apr 13, 2024 1:24 PM in response to Byblos24

Hi this has happened to me many times in the past. I have an iPhone 12 Pro Max and airplay to my Samsung smart tv quite often. Whenever this would happen, i noticed after many failed attempts to restart or reset my wifi or bluetooth, there’d be an update I hadn’t yet installed and when I did, it fixed it and I’d be able to airplay without any issues. Yesterday, it stopped working and I noticed iOS 17.4.1 came out and after installing it, unfortunately this didn’t fix my issue and I still can’t airplay.

I wish I had more to add but I always look for solutions and rarely comment so figured I would in hopes someone else has found a solution that will work.

iOS 17.4 update led to AirPlay not working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.